Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bye Bye Supply Chain

So, as I am sure some of you saw on my facebook, I have accepted a new position in my company. I am leaving the world of supply chain and venturing into the world of HR. HR you might ask? Yes, at first I thought the same thing. No offense to anyone in HR, but I have to admit I was fairly ignorant to what HR entailed...I thought it was simply hiring, firing, employee relations, etc...and although those are part of HR, there is so much more, so much analytical stuff that makes nerds like me drool! My new boss (and his boss) both have supply chain backgrounds, and they sold it to me as supply chain with people, not products =) I have to say that I am very excited. A bit scared, but I welcome the challenge. My new title is HR Process Leader, and essentially I will be a process engineer and a project manager, which means I will have a TON of work and responsibility and lots of deadlines. Until I start, I have a bunch of transition work to do as they look for my replacement. I must say, I feel validated that they are replacing me, as we haven't replaced the last two people that left our team =) Anyway, I really feel that this is a good move career wise and I am really looking forward to the opportunity. I might go back to Supply Chain at some point in my future as it is something I enjoy, but until then, I am going to strive to become a HR Queen!

1 comment: