Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Random

I went to Tucson to see Mindy this past weekend. We were watching TV and enjoying a few drinks on Saturday night, when a random commercial came on...I cant recall exactly what company it was for, but it had people who only had one eye. As Mindy and I died of laughter, she said "this commercial would not have come on if we had not been drinking". It made me think. How many times does stuff like that happen...where what is on TV/the radio, etc...seems too perfect for chance? I remember heartbroken times in high school where every radio station was playing the one song that reminded me of a boy, or being stressed about being sick and every TV commercial was about drugs/dying, or forgetting my license and seeing 25 cops as I drove, etc...Does this occur all the time and we only tune in when something strikes our fancy? Or, is there something that brings these "random" moments to us to test us? Not sure, but if you happen to see a commercial where everyone only has one eye, jot down the company for me!

4 comments:

  1. HA HA HA! Its H and R Block the tax people. The only reason I know its because I use them for my taxes and I thought what a wacky-ass commericial! Hilarious... Miss you! :) Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sand, that was too funny! And those were some great cocktails... what were those called again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAUREN, I cant believe you knew that, I am impressed. Mindy, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us New Yorkers must not be privy to the H and R Block commercials. I am totally with you on the songs on the radio thing! The night Ryan left for Venezuela I was driving home crying and that song, "Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you..." came on. It's creepy when that happens. Also, when you are trying for a baby all you see are baby commercials and everyone you see is pregnant. It's weird the way the world works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete