Monday, January 12, 2009

Vegetarianism

As most of you know, I have been a vegetarian for around 3 years now. Tim joined me about 1 year ago, and it is a lifestyle that we are both enjoying. Contrary to popular belief, I did not make him go vegetarian. I am sure that us living together had something to do with it (convenience factor), but in actuality, I feel like I created a monster! He is probably more into it now than I am! He suggested that we go vegan at the beginning of 2009, and we did. Well, not true vegan as we are still eating sugar, but I guess you can call us vegetarian's who don't eat dairy or eggs. For Tim this is no biggie, as he hates cheese, but it has been a bit tough for me (I am not going to lie). However, it is something that we are committed to!

Now, to the point of this post. I really do not understand why people are so offended by vegetarians. No joke, when someone finds out I am vegetarian, the first question I get is "why", followed up by the person trying to convince me that I should eat meat. Even people who know I am vegetarian will randomly question my decision and try to tell me that it is wrong (in an underhanded way of course). Yes, it is true that some vegetarians can be exclusive, but I really don't feel that I am that way. I respect other people's choices and it drives me crazy that people continue to question mine! I suppose that meat eaters feel that I am judging them, and although I may be, I don't say it to their faces, and I wish they would show the same courtesy.

Besides, a vegetarian diet is obviously far superior to a meat eating diet =) Why can't everyone else just see the light?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy! Hi Tim!
    You started a blog, I am so jealous! :) This is great. I am going to bookmark it RIGHT NOW! Miss you! Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete