Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ode to the Jetta

A milestone occurred today. As I was running errands, I looked down to see the Jetta at 99,997 miles. As I watched it roll to 100,000 miles, I couldn't help but think about everything that has occurred over the time I have had the car. I got the Jetta in August of 2000, meaning that it has been with me for roughly 9 years, or 1/3 of my life! That is longer than I have known my husband, cats, and several of my best friends. When I got the Jetta, I couldn't even drive a manual (thanks Ryanne for driving it home from the lot). I was getting ready to move to Arizona for college and had no idea what was ahead, but I was ready to take it on. Looking back, what a great 9 years it has been! 100,000 miles and 100,000 memories. College, Friendships, Heartbreak, Graduation, Jobs, Travel, Marriage, House, Grad School...growing up. The Jetta has been a part of so many things in my life! Unfortunately, the Jetta is not as pretty as she used to be. More recently, her paint started to peel and the tint has begun to come off of the windows. As I think about getting a new car sometime in the future, I get a bit sad. If the Jetta gets old, what does that make me? When she finally goes, I will miss the Jetta and what she has represented in my life...

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that Jetta is so old. That definitely makes me feel old in a way. I think a ceremony is in order when she finally goes.

    ReplyDelete